Thursday, May 29, 2008

Can All Your Stuff Fit in This Room?

I went down to Grace Centers of Hope tonight with a small advance team to gather a bit more info for the mission trip. We wanted to do some more measuring, and talk to the men that live in the house. Our objective is to encourage the guys that live there, and that won't happen if we change their living spaces so much that they don't like them. It is a big challenge. Jerry lives in this room. It is 8'x8'.

Try to imagine it. You sleep in a room that is 8'x8'. Everything that you own is in that space. Everything. You share this room with another adult. Right outside your 8' space is another person and all you want is a little privacy.

Maybe you will join with me in thanking God tonight for all that you have. Think about all of the things you own. Could you fit them all in an 8'x8' space with your bed? And if you are like me, you have a list of other things that you want. And you will get them. And you will have space for them.

One of the things that strikes me when I am at GCH is how hugely God has blessed me. No matter what kind of stuff is going on in my life that I think is hard, He has blessed me with way more than I need.

So, if you join me in thanking God today, would you please pray for Jerry too? Thank you...

Normal Girl

No comments: