Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Entertaining Kids at Kinkos

Maybe I shouldn't have laughed. I don't have kids, so I don't know if this is normal. I was working in Kinkos today. A Mom came in with two little kids, probably 2 and 3 years old. She had to make some copies and told them to sit on the floor. Her words were, "You must remain seated." Then she gave them each a rubber band and her instructions were, "See if you can put it on your wrist."

Does a two year old know where her wrist is??

The second Mom turned to the copy machine, both of them put the rubber bands over their heads and around their necks. They both remained seated as instructed and screamed, "OW OW OW OW OW OW!!"

Even now writing about it, it makes me laugh. I thought, in some things, we never grow up. How many times have I done something I knew would not turn out well, or would be painful, just to see if I could?

The stapler and the scissors would have been entertaining too,
Normal Girl

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Here I am just trolling through blogs looking for something entertaining. This was hilarious...probably because I have a 9 and 5yr old. Parents are very crafty...great with diversions so we can get things done. Only prob....the kids are usually craftier. Thanks for the laugh~great story!