Monday, August 4, 2008

Bracelet Story #6

This is the first big bead I ever made.  It is not the best bead I ever made, but it marked a turning point for me in lampworking.  Most lampworkers take classes from other, more established lampworkers to learn technique and style.  We learn by copying what they do.  But, this bead was the starting point of my own bead making style because it was not like anything I had ever learned in class or saw anyplace.  I love black and white offset with a bright color.  To this day, 8 years later, my favorite beads are black and white with one bright color.

I wore this bracelet shopping in Dallas one day, and a shop owner liked it so much that she bought 20.  It was encouraging!

Normal Girl

1 comment:

Dawn said...

i like that bead a lot. i want to decorate one of the rooms in my house (when i get a house) with the colors black, white and red one day.