This is the hardest working tree in my yard.
This maple tree:
- is home to woodchucks, raccoons and squirrels
- is a good neighbor to two apple trees
- sometimes holds a swing and wind chimes
- grows a large root system that prevents grass from growing in the yard, saving me mowing time
- gives me several hours of raking exercise each fall
- gives us all shade when the sun is beating down
- is pretty all year
She is in fine form right now. Usually in the fall, the leaves turn brown and drop off. This year, the leaves are a nice amber color. It must have something to do with the weather. Whatever the reason, I love fall!