Monday, November 10, 2008

Leaf Raking with God

I think this leaf came from someone else's tree, mine don't turn red.  Anyway.  I have always loved fall.  When I was young it meant my birthday, football games and bonfires.  Later new sweaters and jackets.  And then I lived in Texas where there is no fall.  I so missed it.  Now I am back in Michigan and raking leaves.  I whine about it, but fall has come to represent something else to me in the last couple years.

As I see the leaves falling, I think about how God removes things from me, let's me rest, and then in a time, gives me something new and fresh.  I could not have the new, fresh, and better without getting rid of the old and finished.  I have lost two jobs in about two years and each time, He takes care of me during a rest period, and then gives me something new and better than what I had before.  It happens like clockwork, whether I want it or not, whether I am ready for it or not.  So, I thank God for fall and the reminder that He promised to do a good work in me and He will carry it on to completion until Jesus comes back.  You too.  What is He getting rid of in this season to prepare you for something new and fresh?

Normal Girl


No comments: