Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sleep Obsessed


Since I have sleep on the mind this week, I borrowed these Friday 5 questions for Thursday:
  1. How many hours’ sleep do you need in order to be at your best, and what’s the minimum you can get on a regular basis and still be functional?
  2. What’s your favorite sleeping position?
  3. What was the cause of your most recent difficulty sleeping?
  4. When you can’t seem to drift off to sleep right away, what are some things you do to bring about sleep?
  5. When did you last doze off at an inappropriate time or in an inappropriate place?
I'll start....
1. I pretty much need 8 hours. I can manage awhile on as little as 6. Until menopause. Now I go sometimes for weeks on 4, and I am still alive.
2. on my stomach
3. too hot!
4. I write movies in my head. Some are sequels to shows or movies I have seen. Some are all mine. I am good at it, hahaha
5. During homework, I guess

Now you...
Normal Girl

4 comments:

******* said...

Ive gone as little as 4 or 5... but I havent done that in a while. I need my sleep.

Curled up with my teddy bear. (Yes, I really do sleep with a teddy bear)

Stress and insomnia. Vicious cycle...

I listen to the radio. Usually trying to drown out the thoughts in my head.

This morning at work. Lol

Doreen McGettigan said...

I need 7 hours..never happens (especially since menopause)now I survive on 4-5; sleep on my stomach; when I cannot sleep I get up and read or write..the last strange place I fell asleep was during an MRI..

Barbara said...

1. Everybody is better off if I get 7.
2. I like fetal position, but sleep on my back too.
3. The dog
4. Pray
5. Any place I've fallen asleep lately is appropriate.

The Diplomat said...

1. Minimum 7 hours--can only do less for a couple days.
2. Either side. On my back = major snoring.
3. Sudden power surge
4. Reading, trying not to think about work.
5. In a car, in China, with co-workers and a vendor on a 3 hour drive. Apparently to miss a truck we went on the opposite side of the road and on the sidewalk...Missed it all.