Saturday, November 13, 2010

Check One Item Off My List

I have been wanting to learn how to make these cute cutout cookies where you float the royal icing over them. For my study break today, I spent 3 hours in the kitchen with Amy, Amanda, Anita, and Denise. They showed me the steps. They had the cookies all baked and most of them iced. But they saved some of each step for me.


Amanda is pretty artistic with the decorating bag, and she let me go for it. The plan was to make a pile of cookies for a wedding reception tomorrow. Lots of them have the initials of the bride and groom on them. The rest we just made cute.

Mixing up the icing. I was surprised at how easy it is, just meringue powder, water and powdered sugar. Who in the world made this sound so hard? It wasn't.

Here is one tray of mine. I had fun and am taking my coupons to Jo-Ann's and Michaels for supplies. Ready to try it on my own!

Maybe some pilgrim hats....
Normal Girl

P.S. Even with a 3 hour break, I still got 10 pages in today, woohoo!

No comments: