Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Hangar Day 2

I spent most of the day shopping today. This is the Home Depot equivalent here. Have been there three times already....in a day and a half.

And of course, Home Depot. I was happy to note that the prices here are even less than at home. I am guessing that has to do with the lack of export charges or something. We bought a van full of furniture and miscellaneous stuff for under $500. It was awesome!

My one work project today was to paint a wall with chalkboard paint. It was a challenge. The paint ran all over the place and it turned out to be oil based, so where it ran, it could not be cleaned up, and then my hands were completely black. Of course soap and water did not clean it up. But, the wall is fab, so all is well.

Furniture building day tomorrow!
Normal Fraulein

No comments: