Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer in the City

Hey from Chicago and the summer CHA (Craft and Hobby Assn) show! Had a great day and am leaving a quick post because my eyes are slamming shut. This is my cute little hotel room, it feels a bit European in flavor and size. The bathroom is so small, the toilet has to be on an angle in the corner to fit in the room.

I walked the show, pretty quickly....the show is very small and not busy. It is mainly a papercrafting show which is not my fav craft, but I still saw some beautiful work, and got a feel for some trending.

I would like you to see what a $3 bottle of water looks like. I tried not to think of the case of 24 bottles just like this that I recently bought for $3. Convention center robbery, what can you do?

I think the tutu is enjoying a trend upward. I keep seeing tulle tutus everyplace. Very girly and visually interesting.

Oh, these fabric flowers are all over the show floor. They are made out of any kind of thin, soft fabric. Some booths had really lovely jewelry made using them. I am labeling this trendy too.

I just liked this and want it for Girl World.

More tomorrow. I am working a make it take it in the button booth, making the cooolest button rings with whoever happens by.

Nighty night,
Normal Girl

No comments: